Welcome to The Mood Disorder Support Group of Long Island. We have been there, we can help!
Website current as of 9/9/17
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF OUR MEETINGS PLEASE CLICK ON "OUR GROUPS"
IMPORTANT ROOM CHANGE AT VALLEY STREAM GROUP
Valley Stream new group room - Shankman Auditorium - REAR section.
From the lobby, you'd take the elevator or stairs down to the G level.
From the elevator on G level, you'd go to the right, down the hall... at the end of the hall, make a right and then a left, down about 8-10 stairs.
Follow the ramp all the way around and make a right down corridor 2.
Shankman Rear is on the left, past 3-4 office doors. When you see the first set of double doors on your left, that's it...
I think this may sound more complicated than it really is to find...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
1. Do I have to register? - No. Our groups anonymous and no membership or registration is required. Just show up to the group that fits your need. (example-If you are Family you would go to a family closed group or an open group, If you are a person with a mood disorder you would go to a peer support closed group or an open group.
2. How much does it cost & do you take insurance? - Our groups are free, we do accept donations.
3. Can I come with my husband or wife to the meeting? - Each of our meetings are exclusive and anonymous. If you are a family member, only family should attend the family support groups. Vice Versa, the main groups, only the person with a mood disorder should attend that meeting. The exception to this policy is an open meeting, see below.
4. Are there any open meetings? - Yes, the 2nd Saturday of the month at Syosset is an open meeting. Every Thursday at SouthSide Hospital is an Open Group. Also the 5th meeting of the month, should there be one (some months have 5 weeks) is an open meeting at all locations. (Generally, check schedule at left)
5. I am not a family member, but a friend or Significant other, am I allowed to attend the family group? - Yes absolutely, it is a "Family & Friends Support Group
Want to know more about us and our projects? Read about the work we have done so far and our plans for the future. Do you like what we do and want to know what you can do to help? Learn more about us.