We are now on Facebook. It is a Closed Group. Click on the Facebook icon above to join. You must answer the 3 questions to be approved.
Welcome to The Mood Disorder Support Group of Long Island!
We have been there, we can help!
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF OUR MEETINGS PLEASE CLICK ON "OUR GROUPS"
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
1. Do I have to register? - No. Our groups anonymous and no membership or registration is required. Just show up to the group that fits your need. (example-If you are Family you would go to a family closed group or an open group, If you are a person with a mood disorder you would go to a peer support closed group or an open group.
2. How much does it cost & do you take insurance? - Our groups are free, we do accept donations.
3. Can I come with my husband or wife to the meeting? - Each of our meetings are exclusive and anonymous. If you are a family member, only family should attend the family support groups. Vice Versa, the main groups, only the person with a mood disorder should attend that meeting. The exception to this policy is an open meeting, see below.
4. Are there any open meetings? - Yes, the 2nd Saturday of the month at Syosset is an open meeting. Every Thursday at SouthSide Hospital is an Open Group. Also the 5th meeting of the month, should there be one (some months have 5 weeks) is an open meeting at all locations. (Generally, check schedule at left)
5. I am not a family member, but a friend or Significant other, am I allowed to attend the family group? - Yes absolutely, it is a "Family & Friends Support Group
Want to know more about us and our projects? Read about the work we have done so far and our plans for the future. Do you like what we do and want to know what you can do to help? Learn more about us.